I was excited to get a baby shower invite...it seems most of my girlfriends are out of the having kids stage so I haven't had an excuse to play in baby town for quite some time. One of my favorite girly baby items are ruffle bums so I couldn't resist!
To create this Ruffle Bottom Girl love note you will need...
Heavy weight cotton fabric
- 1/8" wide for bow
- 1/2" for ruffle (Melon Mambo 1/2 Inch Scallop Dots Ribbon(122985) I used a non scalloped because I had it on hand)
Fabric marking pen
Aleene's® Fabric Fusion® Fabric Adhesive Pen & Peel and Stick Tape™
Strength and Hope (123660)
Short and Sweet
Lucky Limeade - 6" x 3"
Mellon Mambo - 2 1/4" square
Decorative Label Punch (120907)
Silver Mini Brads (122941)
Lucky Limeade (126984)
Melon Mambo (126948)
Aleene's® Paper Glaze
Aleene's® Tacky Dot Runner™
1. Cut fabric using pattern (I found this one and scaled it to a smaller size). Using ruler and fabric marking pen draw guides to sew you ruffle bottom. I spaced mine .625" apart.
2. Baste edge of ribbon and lace, pull thread to gather. Line top edge of ruffled trim with bottom line and sew in place, repeat working from bottom ruffle up.
3. Using Aleene's Fabric Fusion Tape close diaper front.
4. Tie a bow with Lucky Limeade ribbon and adhere to diaper front with Aleene's Fabric Fusion I like the small pin point of the glue pen for putting these small items in place. Add button to center of bow with glue pen. Set aside to let dry.
1. Stamp whisper white card stock with flourish from Strength and Hope stamp set using Melon Mambo ink turn stamp upside down and repeat leaving space in between for sentiment. Stamp sentiment in center of flourish with lucky limeaide ink.
2. Center stamped image into decorative label punch, punch. Using silver stamp pad add a silver rim around your label by pushing the label into the pad.
3. Add dimension to flourish by tracing image with Aleene's paper glaze. Let Dry.
4. Wrap ribbon around melon mambo card stock and tie into bow. Add mini brads to center sides of label. Assemble card with Tacky Dot Runner.
I used a large needle and threaded it with the ribbon to add the tie.