Wednesday, July 1, 2015

UP in my Treehouse...MayArts/Stampendous Hop



May Arts is offering a fantastic prize $25 at RibbonResource.com so head over and check out all the details on MayArts.com:



As summer is so busy I am keeping it simple. This stamp feels like a lazy summer day... I stamped it on a piece of filter paper and colored it with water color pencils. The translucent nature of the filter paper is fun to play with so I layered it over  newsprint style paper. My card base is a chalkboard paper that I distressed with a sanding block. Tying the burlap and velvet ric rac ribbons is a fun pop of color and texture.

Supplies:

3/8 Inch Velvet Ric Rac Ribbon: WR14 - RED

Stampedous - Tree House

Stazon - Gray
filter paper
water color pencils
water brush
newprint paper
adhesive



Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to visit ALL of my talented Ribbonista Sisters following the links below.
Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday
 


20 comments:

  1. I love this tree house. It looks like the story is coming to life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card! Love it being on an old page. :D I'm from Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, I too like the pop of color you did with the ribbon.
    Tina V from Minnesota

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card. Great
    stamp and the
    ribbons look
    neat.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic ard love your color pallet

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this treehouse! Reminds me of the treehouse my brother and I had as kids! We had so much fun in there imagining what we would do when we got old! LOL Those truly were the days! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the layering and texture of the tree house card. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. Love the soft coloring over the print paper.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute idea cards. But look at the postcard sad, as if something long lost.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice. Such a pretty stamp and the coloring is wonderful. Thanks for sharing your ideas with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute, the tree house scene is beautiful, and so fresh and summerly

    ReplyDelete
  13. neat scenery. lovely card, thanks for hopping

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh summer is meant to be simple and fun which is just how your card makes it look like! The filter paper over newsprint looks awesome, a technique to add to our must-try list! Thank you for playing along in the hop with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute card...it reminds me of the tree of life at Disney!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. FUN & FABULOUS treehouse card :)
    LOVE the ric rak knotted with the stitched ribbon ... I really do need to mix and match more - THANK YOU for the INSPIRATION!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm not sure what filter paper is, but whatever your card definitely is summertime! TYFS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christina, I used coffee filter paper...you can press a coffee filter flat and stamp on it. ;)

      Delete
    2. Christina, I used coffee filter paper...you can press a coffee filter flat and stamp on it. ;)

      Delete
  18. Great coloring and choice of ribbons.

    ReplyDelete