Welcome Baby Hoppers! Such a fun reason to trek from blog to blog isn't it? As you are probably an experienced blog traveler you know that May Arts hops ALWAYS come with fantastic opportunities to win ribbon...this hop is no different. Be sure to comment on the May Arts side for your chance to win baby ribbons https://www.mayarts.com/
For this hop I wanted to make something fun. I have to say I had a lot of fun choosing what quilting design I was going to do on each panel, you can go simple or super fancy. The added ribbon makes a great handle for little hands to hold and play with.
Here is what you need:
7/8 Inch Grosgrain Horizontal Stripes, 522-78
Fabric, I used Anna Griffin: True Blue
Thread, I used a thicker 12wt for impact
Basic Sewing supplies: Sewing machine, scissors, rotary cutting supplies
1. Cut 6 squares and quilt a layer of batting to back with the 12wt thread.
2. Trim edges to square and pin looped ribbon in place.
3. Sew 4 squares in a row with a 1/2 inch seam...starting and stopping 1/2 inch from edge of fabric. L
4. Sew top and bottom in place leaving opening on one side to turn right side out.
5. Turn right side out and fill with fiberfill.
6. Hand sew opening closed.
7. Hand to your little munckin' for hours of fun.
This was a fun quick project , I may have to make a few more for shower gifts.
Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your journey.